WEST BRANCH – District Health Department No. 2 (DHD2) has announced possible COVID-19 exposure locations in the area.
According to a press release issued by DHD2 on Wednesday, Aug. 5, individuals who were present at the listed locations in the District Health Department No. 2 jurisdiction, at the designated time, have the potential for exposure:
• G’s Pizzeria & Deli, 200 W. Houghton Ave., West Branch: July 31, from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
• Mr. Jack’ss Sports Bar & Grill, 105 W. Westover St., East Tawas: Aug. 1, from 1 to 2 p.m.
• Sunrise Cafe And Cabins, 3070 Lupton Rd., Lupton: Aug. 2, from 10 to 11 a.m.
The health department said individuals should monitor for symptoms consistent with COVID-19. If they do not develop symptoms within 14 days of these dates, there is nothing to be done. Those that develop symptoms within 14 days of these dates should contact their doctor and consider COVID-19 testing.
The only time DHD2 will alert the public to specific locations where an individual who has tested positive has been is when the contact-tracing team are unable to contact all of the individuals who may have been present (for example: larger facilities). DHD2 wants to make the public aware of locations that may have allowed for low risk exposure, therefore, making individual identification difficult.
While this news may be unnerving for some, officials with the health department said it is why they continue to urge residents to:
• Wear a mask when in public.
• Maintain social distancing.
• Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Disinfect commonly touched surfaces.
For the latest COVID-19 information, visit our website at www.dhd2.org/COVID-19.