WEST BRANCH – District Health Department No. 2 (DHD2) has announced possible COVID-19 exposure locations in Iosco, Ogemaw and Oscoda counties.
Individuals who were present at the listed locations, at the designated times, have the potential for exposure:
• Sept. 23 – Calvary Baptist Church, 235 Minzer Ct., West Branch, 11 a.m. funeral.
• Sept. 23 to Oct. 3 – VFW Post, 240 Chrysler Rd., Oscoda, noon to 1:30 p.m.
• Sept. 25 – Buresh Funeral Home, 2300 121 S. Washington, Hale, 3 to 4 p.m.
• Sept. 25 – AuSable Bible Church, 1408 S. Mt. Tom Rd., Mio, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Sept. 27 – Calvary Baptist Church, 235 Minzer Ct., West Branch, 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Oct. 3 – Calvary Baptist Church, 235 Minzer Ct., West Branch, memorial service begining at 1 p.m.
According to DHD2, individuals should monitor for symptoms consistent with COVID-19. If they do not develop symptoms within 14 days of these dates, there is nothing to be done. Those that develop symptoms within 14 days of these dates should contact their doctor and consider COVID-19 testing.
The only time officials with DHD2 said they will alert the public to specific locations where an individual who has tested positive has been is when the contact-tracing team are unable to contact all of the individuals who may have been present – for example, at larger facilities. Officials said DHD2 wants to make the public aware of locations that may have allowed for low risk exposure, therefore, making individual identification difficult.