TAWAS CITY – Officials with District Health Department No. 2 (DHD2) on Tuesday, Sept. 8 announced possible COVID-19 exposure locations in Iosco and Alcona counties.
• Aug. 29 – Alcona Brew Haus, 676 North US-23, Harrisville, from 5 to 7 p.m.; and Tawas Bay Eagles, 803 East Bay Street, East Tawas, from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Sept. 1 – Tawas Bay Eagles, 803 East Bay Street, East Tawas, 5:30 to 8 p.m.
Individuals should monitor for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, officials with DHD2 said in a press release. If persons do not develop symptoms within 14 days of these dates, there is nothing to be done. Those that develop symptoms within 14 days of these dates should contact their doctor and consider COVID-19 testing.
Officials said the only time DHD2 will alert the public to specific locations where an individual who has tested positive has been is when the contact-tracing team are unable to contact all of the individuals who may have been present (for example: larger facilities). Officials sals said DHD2 wants to make the public aware of locations that may have allowed for low risk exposure, therefore, making individual identification difficult.
DHD2 officials said the possible exposure sites it is why they continue to urge residents to:
• Wear a mask when in public
• Maintain social distancing
• Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
• Avoid touching your face
• Disinfect commonly touched surfaces
For the latest COVID-19 information, visit website at www.dhd2.org/COVID-19.