ANN ARBOR, Mich., Nov. 7, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyundai Motor America has announced prices for the all-new 2020 Sonata. The completely redesigned 2020 Sonata delivers enhanced fuel efficiency, technology and advanced standard safety features at a starting price of $23,400 for the well-equipped SE model. The value-driven SEL model starts at $25,500 and the top-of-the-line Limited is available for $33,300.
The entry-level SE model comes with new features inside and out, including:
- All-new Smartstream 2.5-liter engine with 191 HP (vs. 2019 Sonata SE with 185 HP)
- Standard 8-speed automatic transmission and Shift-By-Wire selector (vs. 2019 Sonata SE's 6-speed)
- Combined MPG 32 (vs. 2019 Sonata SE's 29 MPG)
- 8-inch LCD monitor (vs 7-inch LCD monitor)
- Electronic Parking Brake (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Lane Follow Assist (LFA) (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW) (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Automatic high-beam assist (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go (new standard SmartSense feature)
- LED Hidden Lighting Lamps (new standard SmartSense feature)
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- LED taillights
- Laminated windshield
"With the 2020 Sonata, our focus was a no-compromise innovation approach allowing Sonata owners to have great style, comfort, technology and safety. This focus led to a set of attributes not seen in the midsize car category – attributes such as four-door-coupe looks, 32 mpg, phone as key technology, standard smart cruise control and a class-leading value position," said Mike O'Brien, vice president, product, corporate and digital planning, Hyundai Motor America. "At Hyundai, we're big fans of sweating all the details, and we have done that with the 2020 Sonata."
The Sonata SEL is now equipped with even more design, comfort and convenience features for a value added saving of $750. SEL features include:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Sport front fascia
- Sport rear fascia
- Twin-tip muffler
- Heated side mirrors
- Side mirror turn signal indicators
Interior / Convenience
- Proximity key entry with push button start
- Hands-free Smart Trunk Release
- 4.2-inch color LCD instrument cluster display
- Leatherette interior door panel inserts
- Liquid chrome interior accents
- Auto up/down front passenger window
- Power driver seat (8-way)
- Dual automatic temperature control
- Heated front seats
- Center rear armrest
Hyundai SmartSense Safety
- Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist with Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist
Multimedia / Technology
- SiriusXM® satellite radio
- Blue Link® Connected Car Services (3-years complimentary of Connected Care & Remote Packages)
SEL option packages provide customers with more choices and the lowest priced panoramic sunroof in the segment.
SEL Convenience Package - $1,200
- 12.3-inch LCD instrument cluster
- Hyundai Digital Key
- Wireless device charging
- Auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 2nd row air vent
- USB charge port (2nd row)
Premium Package - $1,850 (Requires Convenience Package)
- Bose® premium audio with 12 speakers
- Leather seating surfaces
- Heated steering wheel
Panoramic Sunroof - $1,000 (Can be added to SEL Convenience or Premium Packages)
- Panoramic sunroof
- LED interior lights
Drive Guidance - $950 (Requires Premium and Panoramic Sunroof Package)
- 10.25-inch Navigation system
- Highway Drive Assist
- Blue Link Guidance Package (3-Year Complimentary Trial)
The SEL Plus trim is $27,450 and brings sporty exterior upgrades and a new Smartstream1.6-liter turbocharged engine producing 195 lb.-ft. of torque at a low 1,500–4,500 rpm.
SEL Plus Trim Highlights (SEL Plus Trim builds off SEL Trim with Convenience Package)
- Smartstream 1.6T GDI 4-cylinder engine
- Paddle shifters
- 18-inch alloy wheels (machine / gloss black finish)
- 235/45 R18 Michelin® or Pirelli® tires
- Glossy black side mirrors and window surround
- Hyundai Digital Key
- Aluminum pedals
- Dinamica® suede / leatherette seating surfaces
The price of the Sonata Limited is $33,300 and comes with these standout features:
- Digital Key - Continuing to promote the latest advances in technology, the new Sonata supports Hyundai Digital Key via a dedicated smartphone app. Hyundai Digital Key utilizes Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, which exhibits a high level of security. The NFC wireless data communication takes place only when the device and the reader are within several centimeters of each other. The Hyundai Digital Key app also allows smartphones to control selected vehicle systems remotely. Using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) communication, users can lock and unlock the vehicle, activate the panic alert and start the engine.
Not only does Hyundai Digital Key allow owners to leave traditional keys at home, it also allows secure sharing of keys with family and friends. The level of access to different vehicle functions can be tailored to each shared key user for a defined period. The vehicle owner can preset the duration of vehicle use or limit the use to only certain features when loaning the vehicle, and, of course, keys can be revoked remotely. For additional convenience in cases such as using a valet service or visiting a Hyundai dealer, Hyundai Digital Key also works with an NFC card, which will be provided with each vehicle. Each Sonata still comes with traditional keys. Digital Key is compatible only with phones using the Android operating system.
- Color Head Up Display (HUD) - With a projected image size of eight inches and super-bright clarity (luminance of more than 10,000 candelas per square meter), the Sonata's HUD provides improved visibility in different lighting conditions. The HUD can be adjusted in both angle and height to provide optimum visibility. The HUD supports driving safety by displaying information such as speed and navigation commands, as well as alerts from active safety and driving assistance features.
- Blind-Spot View Monitor with Blind-Spot Collision Warning (BCW) - The Blind-Spot View Monitor with the Sonata's outside mirror-mounted cameras offers the driver an enhanced field of vision. The Blind-Spot Collision Warning (BCW) system scans for vehicles entering your blind spot. If the driver activates a turn signal, an image of the view from the corresponding wing mirror is displayed in the 12.3-inch cluster display. If a vehicle is detected in the blind spot, audible and visual alerts are provided.
- Remote Smart Parking Assist - In a first for its class, the new Sonata offers Remote Smart Parking Assist to help maneuver the car into or out of parking spaces, boosting convenience for customers. Before a driver attempts to load passengers or luggage, the remote parking function can prove particularly useful, bringing the vehicle out of a tight space. The driver simply uses the smart key to drive the car forward or backward, into or out of a parking space.
2020 Sonata Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Pricing
Drive Guidance Pkg.
Freight Charges for the 2020 Sonata are $930 and are not included in the above chart.
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America is focused on delivering an outstanding customer experience grounded in design leadership, engineering excellence and exceptional value in every vehicle we sell. Hyundai's technology-rich product lineup of cars, SUVs and alternative-powered electric and fuel cell vehicles is backed by Hyundai Assurance—our promise to deliver peace of mind to our customers. Hyundai vehicles are sold and serviced through more than 830 dealerships nationwide, with the majority sold in the U.S. built at U.S. manufacturing facilities, including Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. Hyundai Motor America is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, and is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea.
Disclaimer: Hyundai Motor America believes the information contained herein to be accurate at the time of release. However, the company may upload new or updated information if required and assumes that it is not liable for the accuracy of any information interpreted and used by the reader.