OSCODA – The Oscoda Area United Way (OAUW) is launching its 2020-2021 Campaign on Oct. 1
This year’s theme is Oscoda Strong. Community families, businesses and non-profits have faced numerous challenges this year. As a result of COVID and current restrictions on group gatherings organizers will not be having the annual Kick-Off Breakfast with donors and partner agencies. Instead, they are kicking off the new campaign with a solicitation letter campaign to United Way supporters.
The Oscoda Area United Way is neighbors helping neighbors. The board is made up of local citizens who live or work in the Oscoda/AuSable community. The organization has no paid staff and work to keep administration costs at a minimum. Donation funds stay local to impact the people that live here in our community.
The COVID Pandemic has impacted many aspects of life, school, jobs, housing, and health. Oscoda Area United Way is increasing its goal this year to $33,000 to help meet the needs of the community. They need community support to help our community to stay strong.
OAUW provides financial support to non-profit agencies serving the needs of the local community. They provide much needed funding and also assist when unplanned expenses arise. Donation will help support these agencies and other non-profit organizations.
• Boy Scouts—funds to support local troops and their activities
• Carol’s Baby Pantry—funds to help provide formula, diapers, clothes and information about the Sleep Safe Program
• Catholic Human Services—funds to support substance abuse counseling in our area
• Girl Scouts—funds to support local troops and their activities
• Hope Shores Alliance—funds to help t hem work with survivors by providing them with safe spaces to heal. Their goal is to put an end to sexual and domestic violence.
• Oscoda FISH— funds to provide basic needs of food, clothing, gas, medical needs, utilities and shelter. They also work closely to help refer families to correct organizations that best fit their needs.
• Iosco Coats for Kids-funds to help provide warm coats and jackets, shoes and boots for local children
• Oscoda Area Schools Backpack and Pantry Programs—funds to help them provide nutritious food for students every weekend throughout the school year. They receive nutritious, kid friendly and easy to prepare food. The HS Pantry program is where High School students can visit for food, clothing and personal care items.
• Community Special Projects—these funds are designated to support any non-profit or agency in our area with unplanned needs that arise.
Donors can designate their donation to specific agencies or to another non-profit organization that they prefer to support. Organizers will make sure they get your donation. Donations can be made through a check made out to OAUW.
You may even want to ask your employer is payroll deduction is a possibility. Credit Cards are also accepted on the https://www.unitedway.org/local/united-states/michigan/oscoda-area-united-way website.
Any size donation is greatly appreciated. No amount is too small, and together the community can make a real difference to keep Oscoda Strong! Together, we can make our community a better place to live, work, raise a family and retire.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions you may have. You can also check us out on Facebook.