Kristopher Charles Webb-Lippert

Kristopher Charles Webb-Lippert

TAWAS CITY – A burglary suspect involved in the Aug. 1 breaking and entering of the Chef’s Table II Restaurant in National City was sentenced to a year in jail.

Kristopher Charles Webb-Lippert, 36, Hale, was handed down the sentence – less four days for time served – on Jan 13 in Iosco County’s 23rd Circuit Court. This was after his guilty plea on the charges of felony count of breaking-and-entering, and one felony count of resisting/obstructing a police officer.

He was also sentenced to serve two years of probation, and pay assessments of $1,936.

According to the Michigan State Police (MSP) Webb-Lippert was one of two males involved in the breaking and entering of the restaurant.

On the date of the incident, troopers were contacted by the owner of the establishment, who said that two men had just broke into the building and were still inside.

Troopers arrived on scene there was no one inside the restaurant. However, two subjects were observed walking down the street in dark clothing, with hooded sweatshirts covering their heads.

One of the troopers announced himself as being with the MSP, and told the subjects to stop. Authorities allege, though, that both men immediately fled on foot.

Additional troopers arrived and perimeters were set up as police searched the area for the men. It was during this time when the MSP says troopers found three unopened soda cans on the ground, which were taken from the business.

Following this, one of the troopers reported that Webb-Lippert was located on the west side of Indian Lake Road, lying face down in the brush, near Little Island Lake.

He was arrested and later lodged in the Iosco County jail.

When troopers spoke with the business owner, they were told that the two men were observed placing soda cans from the business into their pockets and, while they had opened the cash register, no money was taken.

Authorities obtained a confession from Webb-Lippert for breaking into the restaurant. As reported, police searched for the second suspect but were unable to locate him.

Since then, the MSP has advised that they have an idea of who the other individual is, and that the incident is currently being investigated by police and an MSP detective.