Highlights of this day in history: Truman announces Japan's surrender in World War II; Blackout hits Northeast U.S., Canada; FDR signs Social Security; British troops arrive in N. Ireland; A strike in Cold War Poland; Steve Martin born. (Aug. 14)
Subscribe for more Breaking News: http://smarturl.it/AssociatedPress
News in Your Inbox!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Calendar of Events
- Tawas teachers concerned about additional burdens due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Kamala Harris makes stop in Oakland County during visit to Michigan
- Gov. Whitmer Executive Order aims to make state carbon-neutral by 2050
- Moped driver ejected, injured in Oscoda
- Police search for missing Oscoda man
- Woman hospitalized after crash in Tawas Township
- Truck hits cyclist in Ogemaw
- Tawas City continues to make moves on various projects
- Iosco County Courthouse facility closed over the weekend due to COVID-19 positive employee
- Possible COVID-19 exposure locations are announced